Wednesday 29 September 2010

What battle are you fighting?

As a speaker in citywide and regional prayer conferences, I am often asked to unmask the “spiritual power” opposing the body of Christ in the conference region. City leaders and intercessors have even asked if I knew the “name” of the principle spirit that is resisting the church in their area.

“Do you want to know the name of the most powerful spirit opposing most Christians?” I ask. Eager faces respond affirmatively.

“It’s Yahweh.”

My questioners, who suddenly look like a tree full of owls, are always bewildered by my answer. They are sure I misunderstood their question. Then I explain. I remind them that, according to the Scriptures, “God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble” (James 4:6). So, if we are divided in our hearts from other churches, if we instinctively look down on other Christians or if we are at all self-promoting in attitude, we are walking in pride.

As such, the Spirit that stands to resist our endeavors is not demonic; it’s God.
(Francis Frangipane)

Are you aware of your neighbours faith?

Are you ready to work together for the good in your own neighbourhood?

No comments: