Saturday 15 October 2011

Dedicated to special friends,


In his book, Intense Moments With The Savior Ken Gire writes the dedication to a friend of his named Jon Stine,

Who has shouldered the yoke of suffering
with strength and dignity.
Who has known pain few of us will ever understand,
let alone experience.
His life has both inspired me and shamed me.
In the quiet and uncomplaining way
he has borne his pain,
he has shown me how to suffer.
And in showing me how to suffer,
he has shown me how to live.
It is a privilege to know him
and an honor to be known as his friend.

May we all have a Jon Stine to help teach us how to struggle well with life.

Luke 9
"Anyone who intends to come with me has to let me lead. You're not in the driver's seat—I am. Don't run from suffering; embrace it. Follow me and I'll show you how. Self-help is no help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, my way, to finding yourself, your true self. What good would it do to get everything you want and lose you, the real you?

If any of you is embarrassed with me and the way I'm leading you, know that the Son of Man will be far more embarrassed with you when he arrives in all his splendor in company with the Father and the holy angels. This isn't, you realize, pie in the sky by and by. Some who have taken their stand right here are going to see it happen, see with their own eyes the kingdom of God."

No comments: