Monday 15 June 2009

God loves you too much for you to become necessary

I am a deeply superficial person. Andy Warhol

I am, above all, what excites me.

The bigger your head gets, the easier your shoes are to fill. Phil Jackson

Spiritual formation is the journey from self-importance to God-importance. John the Baptizer said, 'Jesus must increase & I must decrease.' Our own journey usually diverts from following Christ when either life is good or times get tough.

Are you going to hang in the battle?

2 Chronicles 7
If I ever shut off the supply of rain from the skies or order the locusts to eat the crops or send a plague on my people, and my people, my God-defined people, respond by humbling themselves, praying, seeking my presence, and turning their backs on their wicked lives, I'll be there ready for you: I'll listen from heaven, forgive their sins, and restore their land to health. From now on I'm alert day and night to the prayers offered ... Believe me ... my eyes are on you and my heart too. As for you, if you live in my presence as your father David lived, pure in heart and action, living the life I've set out for you, attentively obedient to my guidance and judgments, then I'll back you.

No comments: