Monday 10 May 2010

Are you listening to me? Really listening?

Expect God to talk - God does talk - we hear His voice - we obey - God talks again - we change. Too often God talks and we are deaf or disobedient.

How can I account for this generation? The people have been like spoiled children whining to their parents, 'We wanted to skip rope, and you were always too tired; we wanted to talk, but you were always too busy.'

Repentance is hearing God. Just like "nothing" heard God's call and became creation. We hear and become a new creation.

"Thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth. You've concealed your ways from sophisticates and know-it-alls, but spelled them out clearly to ordinary people. Yes, Father, that's the way you like to work."

We need faith to know and hear God. Does that appear to be a contradiction?

It is a little like playing a game where we taste foods without smelling or seeing them. We often don't know what we are tasting. We see, smell and then taste and know what we are eating. It is difficult to know it is God unless we have been told what God is like and how He speaks.

Jesus said, "My sheep know my voice." This leave us with a crisis of faith. Faith is to know His voice!


"The Father has given me all these things to do and say. This is a unique Father-Son operation, coming out of Father and Son intimacies and knowledge. No one knows the Son the way the Father does, nor the Father the way the Son does. But I'm not keeping it to myself; I'm ready to go over it line by line with anyone willing to listen.

"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."
(Matthew 11)

No comments: