Tuesday 29 December 2009

Stay open to experiencing God as a loving companion...

Last night my van broke down on a busy freeway. It looked like my son would not only miss his hockey game but that we would also be hard pressed to get out of our predicament without a significant cost of time, money & a dose of hypothermia!!

Amazingly my sister-in-law drove by, recognized the van & was able to turn around & get my son to his game. Then a tow truck was fast-tracked & within 30 minutes I was on my way because the it wasn't a breakdown- I had run out of gas!

I later dreamt of having flown to a remote area of Africa yet had forgot my passport & realized that return to Canada was going to be very challenging indeed. I had also picked up some strange skin condition that was causing me much difficulty.

The theme of being stranded was very strong yet I realized the situation was not hopeless but that I had someone traveling with me who had said they would never leave or forsake me. I was stuck up the river without a paddle so to speak, yet it was strangely peaceful. One of God's wonderful reminders of life with Him.

Are you committed to living more of the moments of your life with God this next year?!

Philippians 4:4-7
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

No comments: