Wednesday 14 September 2011

free falling

"(North) American culture is no longer created by the people. A free authentic life is no longer possible in America today. Our emotions, core values and personalities are under siege from media and cultural forces too complex to decode. A continuous product message has woven itself into the very fabric of our existence. Most North Americans now live designer lives. Sleep, eat, sit in a car, work, shop, eat, watch TV, sleep again. I doubt there’s a more than a handful of free, spontaneous minutes anywhere in the cycle. We ourselves have been branded." Kalle Lasn

Matthew 11
"I praise you, Father. You are Lord of heaven and earth. You have hidden these things from the wise and educated. But you have shown them to little children.

Yes, Father. This is what you wanted.

My Father has given all things to me. The Father is the only one who knows the Son. And the only ones who know the Father are the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to make him known.

Come to me, all of you who are tired and are carrying heavy loads. I will give you rest.

Become my servants and learn from me. I am gentle and free of pride. You will find rest for your souls.

Serving me is easy, and my load is light."

No comments: