Friday 25 June 2010

Really get into loving & serving your neighbours.

Or do you just want to play Church until you get old & die?

John 21:15-19
Jesus says, "Do you love me?"

"Yes, Master, you know I love you."

Jesus says, "Feed my lambs."

He then asks us a second time, "Do you love me?"

"Yes, Master, you know I love you."

Jesus says, "Shepherd my sheep."

Then he says it a third time: "Do you love me?"

We may be upset that he asks us for a third time, "Do you love me?" so we answer, "Master, you know everything there is to know. You've got to know that I love you."

Jesus says, "Feed my sheep. I'm telling you the very truth now: When you were young you dressed yourself and went wherever you wished, but when you get old you'll have to stretch out your hands while someone else dresses you and takes you where you don't want to go."

"Follow me."

No comments: